Jørgen Christensen

Default NOKIA SAT 8003 S, shows "Err" in display

Hi. Can anyone help me? My satreceiver shows after a short powerdrop "Err"
in display when powering up.
Voltages in powersupply seems normal (5, 12 and 24 volts).
Checked power to MAC board, also OK.
Do you know what "Err" means, e.g. what has been checked before error is
displayed.
Has anyone possibly got the schematics for this receiver?

Best regards Joergen.

Jerry G.

These manufacture NO NOT supply any service information, or parts. They
themselves do only board swapping, and re-burning in their EPROM's to fit to
the service that you are using.

The only thing you can do, other than sending them back the unit, is to test
the capacitors in the power supply and main board with an ESR meter. You can
then take a chance, and change all the ones that test bad (if any are
found). There is a chance that changing any bad caps will fix many of the
problems with these units.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Jørgen Christensen" wrote in message
. dk...
Hi. Can anyone help me? My satreceiver shows after a short powerdrop "Err"
in display when powering up.
Voltages in powersupply seems normal (5, 12 and 24 volts).
Checked power to MAC board, also OK.
Do you know what "Err" means, e.g. what has been checked before error is
displayed.
Has anyone possibly got the schematics for this receiver?

Best regards Joergen.

Jørgen Christensen

"Jerry G." skrev i en meddelelse
These manufacture NO NOT supply any service information, or parts. They
themselves do only board swapping, and re-burning in their EPROM's to fit
the service that you are using.

The only thing you can do, other than sending them back the unit, is to
test
the capacitors in the power supply and main board with an ESR meter. You
can
then take a chance, and change all the ones that test bad (if any are
found). There is a chance that changing any bad caps will fix many of the
problems with these units.

--

Jerry G.
======
Thanks Jerry for the information. It is quite disappointing. Maybe I
should buy a secondhand Nokia instead of trying to fix the failing one.

They sell for app. 15-20£.
Best regards, Joergen.