Nunya Bizness

Default audio taper pot needed

I need a replacement dual-ganged 500K audio taper pot for my old Pioneer SX
828 receiver. If I was a dreamer I would ask for that with center-taps too!
I have had no luck with certified dealers and E-bay can provide another
parts set, which I am reluctant to ship across the country. Has anybody
tried to substitute a linear taper for an audio taper, is it a bad idea?
Thanks, Jake.

Michael A. Terrell

Nunya Bizness wrote:

I need a replacement dual-ganged 500K audio taper pot for my old Pioneer SX
828 receiver. If I was a dreamer I would ask for that with center-taps too!
I have had no luck with certified dealers and E-bay can provide another
parts set, which I am reluctant to ship across the country. Has anybody
tried to substitute a linear taper for an audio taper, is it a bad idea?
Thanks, Jake.

Yes, it is a bad idea, unless you want all the control in the first
could percent of the pot. Your hearing is logarithmic so the control
has to match.

Check places like Mouser for stock controls that you may be able to
adapt. Some places sell shaft couplers to allow you to saw off the old
shaft and couple it to a new pot to make it look like it was the
original part after the unit was re-assembled.
--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Rheilly Phoull

"Nunya Bizness" wrote in message
I need a replacement dual-ganged 500K audio taper pot for my old Pioneer

SX
828 receiver. If I was a dreamer I would ask for that with center-taps

too!
I have had no luck with certified dealers and E-bay can provide another
parts set, which I am reluctant to ship across the country. Has anybody
tried to substitute a linear taper for an audio taper, is it a bad idea?
Thanks, Jake.

Prolly a bad idea!!

--
Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

burbeck

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:11:13 +0800, "Rheilly Phoull"
wrote:

"Nunya Bizness" wrote in message
I need a replacement dual-ganged 500K audio taper pot for my old Pioneer

SX
828 receiver. If I was a dreamer I would ask for that with center-taps

too!
I have had no luck with certified dealers and E-bay can provide another
parts set, which I am reluctant to ship across the country. Has anybody
tried to substitute a linear taper for an audio taper, is it a bad idea?
Thanks, Jake.

Prolly a bad idea!!

or use a lin pot of same value with a 'law faking' resistor, about
1/10 of the pot value, connected to slider and earthy end. works (ish)
and gets you out of trouble
regards
bob

ianto

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:50:47 GMT, "Nunya Bizness"
wrote:

I need a replacement dual-ganged 500K audio taper pot for my old Pioneer SX
828 receiver. If I was a dreamer I would ask for that with center-taps too!
I have had no luck with certified dealers and E-bay can provide another
parts set, which I am reluctant to ship across the country. Has anybody
tried to substitute a linear taper for an audio taper, is it a bad idea?
Thanks, Jake.

GuitarElectronics.com sells a dual 500K audio taper potentiometer.

http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/c...pots/?s=18&p=2

Mike Capel
capel AT mb DOT sympatico DOT ca

Nunya Bizness

wrote:

I need a replacement dual-ganged 500K audio taper pot for my old Pioneer
SX
828 receiver. If I was a dreamer I would ask for that with center-taps
too!
I have had no luck with certified dealers and E-bay can provide another
parts set, which I am reluctant to ship across the country. Has anybody
tried to substitute a linear taper for an audio taper, is it a bad idea?
Thanks, Jake.

GuitarElectronics.com sells a dual 500K audio taper potentiometer.

http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/c...pots/?s=18&p=2

Thanks to the group for the advice and the links, I will make the purchase
and stay away from the linear pot.

Jake.

Bob Urz

Nunya Bizness wrote:
I need a replacement dual-ganged 500K audio taper pot for my old Pioneer SX
828 receiver. If I was a dreamer I would ask for that with center-taps too!
I have had no luck with certified dealers and E-bay can provide another
parts set, which I am reluctant to ship across the country. Has anybody
tried to substitute a linear taper for an audio taper, is it a bad idea?
Thanks, Jake.

Is it Physically damaged? If not, i would try some caig labs products on
it to revive it. D5 or better yet, pro gold.

Bob

Nunya Bizness

Yes, the damage is severe, grating-scraping ( unamplified ). I will replace
with similar pot, just won't have a center-tap for the loudness feature.
Thanks all,
jake
"Bob Urz" wrote in message

Nunya Bizness wrote:
I need a replacement dual-ganged 500K audio taper pot for my old Pioneer
SX 828 receiver. If I was a dreamer I would ask for that with center-taps
too! I have had no luck with certified dealers and E-bay can provide
another parts set, which I am reluctant to ship across the country. Has
anybody tried to substitute a linear taper for an audio taper, is it a
bad idea? Thanks, Jake.

Is it Physically damaged? If not, i would try some caig labs products on
it to revive it. D5 or better yet, pro gold.

Bob

News==----
Newsgroups
=----