rcolt75

Default 60" rear projection

I have 60" rear projection that is having a picture problem. The picture is
a little too wide and slightly bowed at the bottom but it is ok in the
middle. I'm thinking that the problem is with the deflection ic because it
controls the geometry of the picture. Any help would be appreciated.

TV is Philips Magnavox
Model:8P6044.

Thanks,
Robert

Try again, not even close. The deflection ic (which one) does not
actually control any geometry on an RPTV like that one.

James Sweet

"rcolt75" wrote in message
I have 60" rear projection that is having a picture problem. The picture

is
a little too wide and slightly bowed at the bottom but it is ok in the
middle. I'm thinking that the problem is with the deflection ic because

it
controls the geometry of the picture. Any help would be appreciated.

TV is Philips Magnavox
Model:8P6044.

Does it change as it warms up? Did it occur suddenly? I would tend to
suspect solder joints or capacitors on the convergence board, though it's
possible the EEPROM got corrupted.

rcolt75

With the symptoms that I described what could be the problem? This is the
first ptv I have ever worked on and I know that they are a little bit more
complicated that standard direct view. I suspect a cap because yesterday I
was testing it and it seemed like it was trying to go back to normal size
just for a split second. And I meant the deflection processor, sorry for the
confusion.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Try again, not even close. The deflection ic (which one) does not
actually control any geometry on an RPTV like that one.

rcolt75

No It says the same when its on. It occured two weeks after I fixed it from
being no picture at all. I had to replace blue crt, shorted HOT and a open
resistor. I was maybe thinking that it was the deflection processor. But i
will go ahead and replaced caps on the convergence board along with checking
cold soler joints.
"James Sweet" wrote in message

"rcolt75" wrote in message
I have 60" rear projection that is having a picture problem. The picture

is
a little too wide and slightly bowed at the bottom but it is ok in the
middle. I'm thinking that the problem is with the deflection ic because

it
controls the geometry of the picture. Any help would be appreciated.

TV is Philips Magnavox
Model:8P6044.

Does it change as it warms up? Did it occur suddenly? I would tend to
suspect solder joints or capacitors on the convergence board, though it's
possible the EEPROM got corrupted.

rcolt75

Upon further troubleshooting I also found that the other video inputs other
than coaxial connection are scrambled. Can the problem with the picture
being too wide and the video input problem be related?