Jens Ratsey-Woodroffe

Default Pioneer rear projection convergence [Revisited]

I posted a while back about repairing a Pioneer rear projection TV that had
a convergence problem. I've replaced the IC that was recommended to me.

The good news is the TV still works (remember I'm no TV repair guy); the bad
news is the convergence is now way off - far worse than before. This is now
what it looks like:

http://www.ratsey.com/ti2/pioneer.jpg

Am I going to have to resort to professional repair for $$$? Remember this
is an 8 year old TV that's already been replaced by a plasma and has been
retired to the basement where I was hoping for a few more years before
getting an overhead projector.

Any advice?

J.

Ampdoc

Did you mark all the plugs going to the convergence panel? It looks like you
may have gotten the yoke connectors swapped around. Make sure rhe yokes are
connected according to CRT, Red on the red crt, etc.

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.
"Jens Ratsey-Woodroffe" wrote in message
et...
I posted a while back about repairing a Pioneer rear projection TV that

had
a convergence problem. I've replaced the IC that was recommended to me.

The good news is the TV still works (remember I'm no TV repair guy); the

bad
news is the convergence is now way off - far worse than before. This is

now
what it looks like:

http://www.ratsey.com/ti2/pioneer.jpg

Am I going to have to resort to professional repair for $$$? Remember

this
is an 8 year old TV that's already been replaced by a plasma and has been
retired to the basement where I was hoping for a few more years before
getting an overhead projector.

Any advice?

J.

Jens Ratsey-Woodroffe

I wrote on the connectors which they were when I disconnected them. I'll
check again, but I'm pretty sure I got them on correctly. By yokes do you
mean the connection blocks?

. ..