Sidney

Default Pioneer car cd player model:DEH-345

Pioneer 35Wx4 car cd player modelEH-345,year:Aug 98,the unit was not
securely strapped to the dashboard and after a car accident the unit
landed on the driver's lap.Since then the unit would not recognize the
cd being inserted but if I somehow physically push the cd all the way
in it begins to play normally and it ejects normally.
If I press eject without a cd in the unit the load/eject motor with
mechanism runs as though it senses that there is a cd.Also the unit's
eject mechanism begins to run when the unit is first plugged into
power,upon troubleshooting I could not find any broken parts.
Anyone have any common repair tips?,thanks in advance.

Sidney

Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
Barry & Nikki

The motor running upon start up and motor running when eject is pushed is
normal. As for having to push the CD in to get it to take it may have
something to do with the CD detection board that is located right on the top
front of the CD mechanism and or the "receivers" that detect the
phototransistor that are on the circuit board on the bottom. If one of the
phototransistors is not functioning properly then it can not detect that a
CD is being inserted. Quite possibly this board became jarred when it
decided to go airborne and the phototransistors and the receivers are not
"communicating" properly because they are out of alignment.
Just get a CD player delivered to you from 99% of the sellers on Ebay and
you will learn all about CD mechanism impacts and there direct correlation
to screwing up what once was a potentially good stereo.

"Sidney" wrote in message
om...
Pioneer 35Wx4 car cd player modelEH-345,year:Aug 98,the unit was not
securely strapped to the dashboard and after a car accident the unit
landed on the driver's lap.Since then the unit would not recognize the
cd being inserted but if I somehow physically push the cd all the way
in it begins to play normally and it ejects normally.
If I press eject without a cd in the unit the load/eject motor with
mechanism runs as though it senses that there is a cd.Also the unit's
eject mechanism begins to run when the unit is first plugged into
power,upon troubleshooting I could not find any broken parts.
Anyone have any common repair tips?,thanks in advance.

Sidney

Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Sidney

I need the part #'s for the CD detect in sensor surface mounted IR
LED's pcb locations801 & D802 for a Pioneer cart cd player
modelEH-345,year:Aug 1998 as the part # lookup sites below don't
list them.I also need a generic or equivalent part # for them.Thanks.

Part # lookup sites:

http://www.tritronicsinc.com/lookup_cs.htm
http://www.wehaveparts.com
http://www.partsolver.com/Default.asp