tom

Default Removal of fan from a volta u229 vacuume motor

I am trying to remove the fans from the armature which are press fit on the shaft. I have
tried a 3 jaw bearing puller but the aluminum fan just flexes. any ideas.
thanks
thomas
Jerry G.

I thought the motor and fan were sold as a single unit!

If I remember correctly, the fan is press fit to the motor shaft at about
2500 lbs. If you get it off let me know. This would be a feat to get it off,
without a pneumatic puller.

--

Jerry G.
======

"tom" wrote in message
I am trying to remove the fans from the armature which are press fit on the
shaft. I have
tried a 3 jaw bearing puller but the aluminum fan just flexes. any ideas.
thanks
thomas

Why?????

They are not a serviceable item even if it is just the bearings that
are shot.

Replacement motor assy approx. $65 from electrolux.

Cheers,
Sam T

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:55:55 +1100, tom
wrote:

I am trying to remove the fans from the armature which are press fit on the shaft. I have
tried a 3 jaw bearing puller but the aluminum fan just flexes. any ideas.
thanks
thomas

James Sweet

"tom" wrote in message
I am trying to remove the fans from the armature which are press fit on

the shaft. I have
tried a 3 jaw bearing puller but the aluminum fan just flexes. any ideas.
thanks
thomas

I'm not sure why you want to remove it, but aluminum has a higher rate of
thermal expansion than the steel shaft, if you heat it carefully with a
propane torch you should be able to slide it right off.

NSM

"tom" wrote in message
I am trying to remove the fans from the armature which are press fit on

the shaft. I have
tried a 3 jaw bearing puller but the aluminum fan just flexes. any ideas.
thanks

Throw it in a freezer overnight then quickly heat the fan before pulling.

tom

Sorry forgot I posted here,
Heres my website of the dismantled motor
Its all back together but theres some viabration, I think the top bush is worn too.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~thohul

Well!!!! wow!!! I dont know why you would bother but points to you for
sticking to your guns and having a go.

Could you run the excersize and calc the number of hours it took to do
@$50 per hour plus the parts. New fan motor assy is approx $75.

Cheers,
Sam T