Rono

Default 2 T.V. problems!!

Panasonic 32" T.V. M # CT-32SX31CE:
At turn on, it sometimes changes video level
just slightly! All checks fine, adjusted the screen
on the flyback, but it still happens! Ideas?

Toshiba 20" T.V. M # 20A44:
At turn on, just before a pix is present, a bowed
horizontal, very blurry couple of lines appear! Setting
the screen control on the flyback, makes for a nice
overall pix, but the problem is still there! Toshiba says
it's not the flyback! Ideas?

Thanks, Rono.

Jerry G.

Considering the age of the set, there is more than likely a number of worn
caps in the blanking, video processing, power supply, and deflection
circuits. This would most likely be the faults you are describing. I have
seen this often. A quick way to fix this is to diagnose exactly the areas
that are at fault, and then use an ESR meter to check the suspect caps, then
change the ones that measure to be out of specs.

The main cost would be in the time to determine the faults, not the actual
parts. The caps themselves are not expensive.

I would suggest you give the set out for this type of work, if you decide to
invest money in to it. Take care that there may not be parts available, if
there are any proprietary parts required. Investing money in to an older set
is not something that I would advise, if the repair is going to be high in
relation to having a new set. New TV sets are not very expensive, and they
come with a warranty. A few hours of labour to service an older set may be
considered expensive in relation to its value.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Rono" wrote in message
Panasonic 32" T.V. M # CT-32SX31CE:
At turn on, it sometimes changes video level
just slightly! All checks fine, adjusted the screen
on the flyback, but it still happens! Ideas?

Toshiba 20" T.V. M # 20A44:
At turn on, just before a pix is present, a bowed
horizontal, very blurry couple of lines appear! Setting
the screen control on the flyback, makes for a nice
overall pix, but the problem is still there! Toshiba says
it's not the flyback! Ideas?

Thanks, Rono.

Rono

Thanks for the post, & E-mail, but I was
looking for something I didn't know! Like
a "common" problem! The first unit shows
it's flaw, not long enough to get a meter change!
It looks like new inside! I do a few "dogs" each
week, & spend a lot of time trying to locate these
problems, & as you know, there is no profit in that,
but satifaction in knowing you got it! Rono.

sofie

Rono:
Do not be so quick to "blow off" Jerry G's reply and suggestions.
Have you actually checked the electrolytics in and around the PS, Flyback
derived B+ supplies, screen supply, and the V deflection circuitry..... with
an ESR meter ??
These are the common problems and possible solutions.... at the very least
you need to rule out these kinds of faults.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie