Default DVD Players

I was watching a movie late Saturday night, but then i got tired. I
stopped it, turned off the power, and went to sleep. I did not do
anything that I don't always do. I pressed power to finish the movie
Sunday afternoon. It started spinning, but it acted like it couldn't
read the disc, and then it power down. I tried ejecting the disc, and
trying again to no avail. I tried another disc, to see if it was the
disc, but it wuoldn't work either. I put in the cleaner disc, but it
did the same thing with that one. I don't know what could have possibly
happened while it was powered off overnight. COuld someone possibly
shed some light on this for me. I would appreciate any help anyone
might have for me. I love this player, and I don't want to have to buy
another one right now.

James Sweet

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was watching a movie late Saturday night, but then i got tired. I
stopped it, turned off the power, and went to sleep. I did not do
anything that I don't always do. I pressed power to finish the movie
Sunday afternoon. It started spinning, but it acted like it couldn't
read the disc, and then it power down. I tried ejecting the disc, and
trying again to no avail. I tried another disc, to see if it was the
disc, but it wuoldn't work either. I put in the cleaner disc, but it
did the same thing with that one. I don't know what could have possibly
happened while it was powered off overnight. COuld someone possibly
shed some light on this for me. I would appreciate any help anyone
might have for me. I love this player, and I don't want to have to buy
another one right now.

You haven't even said what brand the thing is, much less the model, how do
you expect anyone to help you? Got a crystal ball we can borrow?

NSM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was watching a movie late Saturday night, but then i got tired. I
stopped it, turned off the power, and went to sleep. I did not do
anything that I don't always do. I pressed power to finish the movie

Cat Ran!

Asimov

"Andy Cuffe" bravely wrote to "All" (21 Feb 05 15:39:18)
--- on the heady topic of " DVD Players"

AC From: Andy Cuffe
AC Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:11170

AC About all you can do is try another disc, and try cleaning it
AC manually. Cleaning discs at best do nothing and may cause damage.
AC The lens should be cleaned with a Q-tip that's just slightly damp with
AC 91% or better alcohol. If that doesn't do it, then you probably need
AC a new DVD player. Unless it's an expensive player, it's not worth
AC repairing (unless you can fix it yourself).
AC Andy Cuffe

AC -- Use this address until 12/31/2005

AC
-- Use this address after 12/31/2005

I find ammonia based window cleaner is better because alcohol can be
damaging to some plastics such as some used in the lens materials. The
ammonia also kills fungi spores which alcohol and bleach don't do well.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Who's got the Thermonuclear Welding Set? - ToddS