Default DVD Players

I was watching a movie late Saturday night, but then i got tired. I
stopped it, turned off the power, and went to sleep. I did not do
anything that I don't always do. I pressed power to finish the movie
Sunday afternoon. It started spinning, but it acted like it couldn't
read the disc, and then it power down. I tried ejecting the disc, and
trying again to no avail. I tried another disc, to see if it was the
disc, but it wuoldn't work either. I put in the cleaner disc, but it
did the same thing with that one. I don't know what could have possibly
happened while it was powered off overnight. COuld someone possibly
shed some light on this for me. I would appreciate any help anyone
might have for me. I love this player, and I don't want to have to buy
another one right now.