diverdiner

Default Convergence board problem? Help please

I have a Hitachi 50 projection tv with a strange problem, When I turn
it on it turns right back off, but if I unplug the convergence board it
turns on( yes the convergence is off though) then I turn the TV off
plug the convergence ribbon back in and the TV will fire up and run as
usual. no problems, I can turn it off and back on within an hour or so
and it will work fine. The next day, same problem, then I have to go
through the whole deal with plugging and unplugging the ribbon. Any
suggestions would be great email me directly or post here
thanks

model number ?

Example,

if it's a UX or latewr someone jumped a , oops

hang on let me go to our database and get you ALL the symptom/cures for
all the models they ever built.

I'll contact you in a week, after you pay me $348 in consulting fees.

By the way I can fix the set for $100 less, what do you want ?

JURB

Jeff Rigby

"diverdiner" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Hitachi 50 projection tv with a strange problem, When I turn
it on it turns right back off, but if I unplug the convergence board it
turns on( yes the convergence is off though) then I turn the TV off
plug the convergence ribbon back in and the TV will fire up and run as
usual. no problems, I can turn it off and back on within an hour or so
and it will work fine. The next day, same problem, then I have to go
through the whole deal with plugging and unplugging the ribbon. Any
suggestions would be great email me directly or post here
thanks

I'm guessing it's a digital convergance board and I'm guessing that the set
is at least 10 years old, Right??

If so, there are caps that leak on the Digital convergance baord. When
moist (humidity in the air) they leak and can cause the convergance amps to
draw too much curent causing shutdown. Just a few min of power and the
moisture is driven out and the set will start again. Smell the board see if
you have the stinky cap problem (the electrolite in the cap is made with
fish oil).

Another possibliity is a bad cap in the power supply for the convergance
amps. They use differential pair amps that use minus and plus voltages. If
one of those voltages is lower than the other you will pull too much current
from the power supply and the set will go into shutdown.