Matt

Default Mitsubishi model # VS-4552A has a black box

I have an old Mitsubishi VS-4552A that I have had for about 8 years. It
just started putting up what looks like a huge PIP box (all black) that
covers the entire screen except a 2 or 3-inch border around it that you
can see the picture. It is fine when I turn it on and then the black
box comes up but you can still hear every thing. If I push any button
on the remote, it goes away for a few seconds and then pops back up. So
I guess if I just want to keep turning the volume up and down I'm
fine but I would like to figure out if this is something I can fix (of
have fixed cheep) or if I am just going to be throwing good money after
bad and I should just get rid of it and start shopping for a Plasma
Screen.
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Matt

Never Mind, After reading other "Black Out" posts, I realized that it
was a closed captioning setting that got turned on by mistake.

Picture Black - 35" Mitsubishi, Mod #CS-3506R. Steve Electronics Repair 5 January 2nd 05 12:39 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
ICs for Sale - Specials, obsolete and Memory The Photographer Electronics Repair 0 June 3rd 04 11:40 PM
ICs for Sale - Specials, obsolete and Memory Kristy Electronics Repair 2 April 14th 04 04:24 AM
mitsubishi big screen t.v. model VS461RS ironhorse ranch Electronics Repair 1 December 20th 03 05:58 PM