Default Mits CS 3520

Hi;

Fun one. Loses video when warm. Very hard to get it to act up
physically. The OSD also loses sync, even on the main menu with the
blue screen. I don't know if it loses sound because the %$#@&$ thing
started working just when I plugged the audio amp back in.

I'm not 100% sure of the model because the sticker is missing, but I
did a little research using the flyback number.

Now the fun part, when it loses video it also loses dynamic focus.

Any ideas ?

Thanx in advance.

(for those of you thinking that this sounds like another post by JURB,
there is a very good reason for that)

JURB

You may be a tech if you're entertained by a 6-pack and sparking HV.

When I was a kid I took two power transformers from tube type equipment
in tandem to make a few thousand volts. I then used styrofoam or
something and coathangers to make one of those things you see in the
old movies. Thinkiong back I was flirting with disaster there.

And yes I am entertained by a sixpack.

How about something common to all the symptoms like for example a

I was thinking power supply once I noticed the focus. Then I was
thinking about the dynamic focus. I can't really think of where the
power to the DF is shared somehow with the video, and G2 in this set is
picked up off a divider in the flyback, while the DF uses recitied HOT
collector voltage (I think). Losing the video to where the OSD doesn't
sync ? Power supply is possible (I have no print), but I'm starting to
consider some puls from the flyback missing.

Of course compound this by it being highly intermittent and you got a
fun one, like I said earlier.

JURB

Mits website JURB6006 Electronics Repair 2 January 15th 05 10:03 PM
Mits VS6047 Tom W Electronics Repair 1 September 1st 04 01:37 AM
Mits CS-3535R PIP board pinouts - big pip board Electronics Repair 1 March 17th 04 07:37 PM
Powermatic 3520 A-Opinions of This lathe harryc Woodturning 7 November 3rd 03 03:54 AM
Mits VS60601, lines JURB6006 Electronics Repair 1 August 22nd 03 11:35 AM