JURB6006

Default Mits VS60601, lines

Hi folks;

Got this Mits that sorta looks like you are playing an SVHS tape on a VCR with
worn heads. Small black horizontal lines in the picture. They are more
concentrated on the left side of the screen. They are also intermittent at a
rate on the order of around 1½ minutes, although when I first got there, they
were constant for several minutes. These lines also affect the OSD and menus
and the Hsync, but not the Hsync of the OSD and menus, only the video.

I also noticed a compression and rarification of the raster lines when this was
happening. Looking around Repairworld, I found one related symcure, which was a
COMB filter IC. It also stated that the SVHS and PIP were OK, which I guess
makes sense. The problem is, what about that "banding" of the raster lines ? I
think it pretty unlikely that the COMB filter can cause that, maybe the HV load
transients are a bit radical, but what if the set were supposed to reproduce
that picture, with the abberations ? It should not "trip up" that V correction
right ? I mean the feedback from the HV and the ABL they use to correct fast HV
load swings, which I'm pretty sure this set uses.

There are no SVHS sources at the moment, and I'm trying to avoid moving this
thing 35 miles to the shop, so an SVHS source will be hooked up since they do
have a DVD player. I'm thinking of borrowing a splitter from a VSXX43 series
set, but I need to know they are compatible. It is less trouble to just get an
SVHS cable, but I don't think it's the COMB filter.

Also I checked and this abberation is absolutely unaffected by the contrast
setting, i.e. average HV load. Tapping around has no effect either.

Any ideas ?

Anything is appreciated on this, thanx in advance.

JURB
Arthur Jernberg

Also you may want to start with your ESR Meter to check all the electrolytic
capacitors in the power supply circuits. Common on MGA sets to have a lot of
them become leaky after a few years.
"TV Fixer1" wrote in message
Have you checked the H.V. and sweep areas to be sure there isn't any fluid
leaking on them? Had one with a very slight leak which eventually burned

up
horiz. circuits, but left no visible dampness.