Norbert

Default Need help: High Voltage Splitter Replacement - Projection TV

I'm almost there, seems fairly easy enough. I did stumble on the part where
I'm in the process of inserting the main leads however I can't seem to get
it in all the way to the marked point on the wire. I've got the right length
but am short about a 1/4", it just won't go and when I give it a little
muscle it still won't go and the tip of the wire keeps bending out of shape.

What am I doing wrong?

The tubes where the leads go into is about 2 3/4" long with a tiny hole in
the bottom where the tip of the wire seats into but it seems like the hole
is just big enough for a perfect fit. No tolerance at all, I'm slowly
inserting the lead making sure it's straight trying to feel for where the
hole is and just when I think its seated that 1/4" just won't go and the
wire keeps bending. Grrrrrrr, trying to keep my cool.

The exposed wire is about 3/8" however I took a straightened paper clip and
inserted it into the hole on the old splitter and it only goes in about an
8th of an inch. Is the rest of the wire supposed to bend?

Art

Sounds like a newer Thomson Product. There is a procedure, resulting from
much trial and error, to actually install these infernal push leads into the
HV Block. First, trim the lead to about 1/4" long of exposed wire. Second,
when inserting the lead you will feel a bit of pressure as it hits the
connection at the bottom or the hole in the HV block, sometimes a slight
rotation of the wire as you press it firmly into the connector. Then tug on
it slightly to confirm it is properly seated. Yes These infernal things are
a ROYAL PIA. Keep on trying , no secret procedure, just keep on.

High Voltage DC Vidor Wolf Electronics 2 May 9th 04 01:02 AM
voltage regulator that drops out of circuit CampinGazz Electronics 4 February 1st 04 07:14 PM
OT : high voltage coils habbi Metalworking 1 January 6th 04 02:11 AM
Replacement for old high output combi boiler David C. Partridge UK diy 3 November 15th 03 09:21 PM
21" monitor with FIMI chassis C2182DAS and High Voltage failure JSP Electronics Repair 0 July 12th 03 02:37 PM