habbi

Default OT : high voltage coils

The coil on my 110 volt "Master" kerosene space heater has 2 wires coming
out of it and the lead for the spark plug. If I hook the 2 wires up to the
black and white wires of 3 prong plug and the the ground of the plug to the
threaded portion of the spark plug and then the lead of the coil to the plug
should the plug continously fire when pluged into a 110 volt outlet.

---

Ken Sterling

The coil on my 110 volt "Master" kerosene space heater has 2 wires coming
out of it and the lead for the spark plug. If I hook the 2 wires up to the
black and white wires of 3 prong plug and the the ground of the plug to the
threaded portion of the spark plug and then the lead of the coil to the plug
should the plug continously fire when pluged into a 110 volt outlet.

---

Sounds right - This would apply 110v to the transformer, but I would
imagine the case (being metal) would have to be grounded as well, so
there is a path from the spark plug wire to the grounded portion of
the transformer.
Ken.