Max

Default LCD Laptop Repair Question ...

Hi , having a NEC SiX laptop with a LCD problem.

After a few minutes , the LCD starts to "flicker" and goes very dark . Can
just see that something is on the screen but not more.

I did some search on LCD repair FAQ and they are talking about an INVERTER
or backlight problem.

Any Idea to how finding this problem.

I had confirmed that the LCD is faulty by replacing it with another one
(Same brand).

Doesn't seem to be intermittent also .

Any idea ?

cmdrdata

Max wrote:
Hi , having a NEC SiX laptop with a LCD problem.

After a few minutes , the LCD starts to "flicker" and goes very dark

.. Can
just see that something is on the screen but not more.

I did some search on LCD repair FAQ and they are talking about an

INVERTER
or backlight problem.

If you know how to open up your display laptop, for $20 bucks (parts +
S&H) you may be able to isolate your problem, and maybe fix it. If not,
then leave it to someone that knows how, or buy a used, but good and
complete assembly from eBay. Here's my suggestion:

Go to: http://www.lcdpart.com/doc/ccfl.html. Find out which CCFL
closely match your laptop display (shorter is the goal if you can't
find one like it). Without removing the old one, just disconnect the
cable that comes from the display to the inverter, connect in the new
CCFL onto the inverter (this involves many steps and care as there will
over 100 VAC low current on the wire when powered on, and also matching
connector/plug). If the inverter is good, it should lite up your CCFL.
If that works, then you have to figure out how to replace the old
assembly withe new. If not, you've lost $20 and maybe try to get an
inverter from eBay and try that. My guess is that the CCFL is
gettting old and about to expire completely, hence the inverter not
able to keep it lit up.

lavinci

the inverter of this lcd panle are very critical.
check the ic power regulator inside.
probably is near to be bad !!!
write the ic on the ng. please
bye Luca

lavinci

inverter have always problem in the ic power regulator
is an smd 8 pin near the smt transf.
check it !!!
write the ics p\n on the ng please
bye Luca

Max

Ok , I had opened it.

The coil (transfo) # is 22.0266.22 0022
The IC is MP1010EMA
012886.1

There is a small coil
"lavinci" a écrit dans le message de news:
.
the inverter of this lcd panle are very critical.
check the ic power regulator inside.
probably is near to be bad !!!
write the ic on the ng. please
bye Luca

James Sweet

"Max" wrote in message ...
Hi , having a NEC SiX laptop with a LCD problem.

After a few minutes , the LCD starts to "flicker" and goes very dark . Can
just see that something is on the screen but not more.

I did some search on LCD repair FAQ and they are talking about an

INVERTER
or backlight problem.

Any Idea to how finding this problem.

I had confirmed that the LCD is faulty by replacing it with another one
(Same brand).

Doesn't seem to be intermittent also .

Any idea ?

It could be the inverter or the backlight tube, either hook up a known good
tube and see if it works normally, or replace the inverter if you can find a
good deal on one.

clatonium

Since the laptop itself is NEC, does this mean the display panel itself
is NEC? You might check it, and grab the model number. You might be
able to find a listing for it here : http://www.jkllamps.com/laptop.cfm
and get a better approximation of the lamp inside, rather than just
guessing based on whether it's a 14.1 inch or such sized display.

I'm putting my money on an inverter problem. Usually the CCFL will just
get dim, or will develop dark bands, uneven light, etc. If it's going
out entirely I suspect that the inverter is kaput.