Default camcorder viewfinder not good after repair

Model ccd-tr75 Sony.
Have replaced all smd caps to make all camera functions work very well;
only the viewfinder appeared blurry.
So I proceeded to also change 4 mini caps on the viewfinder board and I
now have a blank screen (no video/image).
All circuit have been rechecked for shorts etc, and all is correct as
per schematics so my question is where could the problem be considering
this:
a)one cap (220uf 6.3v)was open/dried and I replaced with a 220uf/16v
b)one cap (82uf/10v)had high ESR and I replaced with whatever was
available being a 100uf/16v
Please, can anyone advise if changing these caps ( both marked SXE on
the schematis?) could have caused something to go bad? (my tests are
getting me nowhere and the only thing I notice is that the fbt area
gets quite hot)
Thank
Jim

An 82uf cap is an odd value so I would imagine it's has a specific
pupose. You don't mention what circuit these are being used in but
changing the characteristics of a cap can change the resonance,
impedance (changing the current), and/or filter (changing the
frequency). So you should replace the caps with the same value and type
(mica, electrolytic, mylar, etc) as the ones you removed. The voltages
value of the caps aren't that critical, as long as you use the same
value or above, but for micro-electronics you should always stay close
to the original value.

Many thanks for your comments; the 82uf cap has the +ve to the
deflection yoke and the -ve to the FBT.
Following your info, I am now going to put in the circuit the old cap
and if this is the problem then I would think the viewfinder should go
back to its prevoius state (blurry video). Theoretically this should
work; fingers crossed.
Thanks, Jim

quietguy

Just butting to say that my Canon has a small slider under the viewfinder
eyepiece - this controls the focus of the viewfinder, not the camera - I
would suspect the Sony has a similar arrangement

David

wrote:

Hey,
Could you please tell me more about setting the focus as this is my
first camcorder repair.
Much appreciated if you would.
Jim

Allan

I think he is talking about the internal Electronic Focus Control,
Not the external Eyepiece adjustment.
There is usually 2 pots, that you can adjust,
One for Brightness and another for focus.
But I think by the problem you have,, its Cap juice under components on the
Evf, which can be a real bugger to remove.
Allan

wrote:

Hey,
Could you please tell me more about setting the focus as this is my
first camcorder repair.
Much appreciated if you would.
Jim

quietguy

While of course you may be correct, it does seem wise to ensure the externally
adjustable focus is OK before looking for faults

David

Allan wrote:

I think he is talking about the internal Electronic Focus Control,
Not the external Eyepiece adjustment.

Thanks fellows, but .....:
I have just removed the 100 uf cap that I had replaced the original
with and put in the correct value being 82 uf (found at Speedy Spares
Melbourne). So the video came on good but I noticed a slight flickering
occasionally. Anyway about 5 minutes later all went blank, no picture
no light on crt of the virewfinder.
Tested things and found one shorted diode a one shorted transistor near
flyback.
How lucky can one get?
Can anyone please tell me why this happened? ( perhaps these components
were already going bad)
Jim

James Sweet

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks fellows, but .....:
I have just removed the 100 uf cap that I had replaced the original
with and put in the correct value being 82 uf (found at Speedy Spares
Melbourne). So the video came on good but I noticed a slight flickering
occasionally. Anyway about 5 minutes later all went blank, no picture
no light on crt of the virewfinder.
Tested things and found one shorted diode a one shorted transistor near
flyback.
How lucky can one get?
Can anyone please tell me why this happened? ( perhaps these components
were already going bad)
Jim

Quite easily the bad capacitor caused them to pop.