Scott Marshall

Default Needs repair tips, Vision Master Pro 510, A201HT

I could use some good advice on my monitor problems. My monitor has be
going bad for the last 2 years.

Vision Master Pro 510, A201HT

It was working great then one day I turn on the monitor and the raster
had a blue tint (saturating the picture) with it being very bright,
and the picture would not fill the screen (The OSD was no help.) Then
a year later every so often the picture would collapse for a split sec
to a vertical line and come back. Also Text on the right side of the
screen look squished. Now when I turn on the monitor i hear it
degaussing, but there is no picture.

I've used powerstrip to get around most of the problems but this was
not a good fix. I could never get rid of the blue tint. From there
I've mostly done reading. IE the "Notes on the Troubleshooting and
Repair of Computer and Video Monitors FAQ" and have both
"Troubleshooting and Repairing Computer Monitors" and "Computer
Monitor Troubleshooting and Repair books" from the liberty.

I know how to solder and do basic troubleshooting of circuits. I've
have a DMM and an old Oscilloscope.

With out the monitor schematic or service manual, I'm not sure how
much i can do to repair it.