kevin andrews

Default vulcan dishwasher help please

hello all

not sure if this is the right group or not. I have a old dishwasher AC
Motor with a pump attached it has 4 wires coming out of it.

black ?????

light blue ??????

green ------ earth

brown ????????

the motor is connected directly to a pump. the pump has two chambers not
connected to each other. one for pumping of waste water out and one
pumping the water around.

Question is does the motor run in both directions one directions pumping
the water around and the other direction pumping waste water out?

And what would the wires be ???????

thanks for any replys

Ken Weitzel

kevin andrews wrote:
hello all

not sure if this is the right group or not. I have a old dishwasher AC
Motor with a pump attached it has 4 wires coming out of it.

black ?????

light blue ??????

green ------ earth

brown ????????

the motor is connected directly to a pump. the pump has two chambers not
connected to each other. one for pumping of waste water out and one
pumping the water around.

Question is does the motor run in both directions one directions pumping
the water around and the other direction pumping waste water out?

And what would the wires be ???????

thanks for any replys

Hi Kevin...

Not going to touch on colours - particularly because
I'm in Canada, and we may have differences in so-called
standards... but I can assure you that yes, dishwasher
motors do reverse direction as you suggest.

Take care.

Ken

NSM

"kevin andrews" wrote in message
| hello all
|
| not sure if this is the right group or not. I have a old dishwasher AC

| Question is does the motor run in both directions one directions pumping
| the water around and the other direction pumping waste water out?

Possibly, or there is a solenoid valve involved. It's the same water.

| And what would the wires be ???????

Blue is 'Hot', Brown is 'Cool' (neutral), Green and yellow striped is ground
(earth).

Black is ????

NSM

"NSM" wrote in message

| Blue is 'Hot', Brown is 'Cool' (neutral), Green and Yellow striped is
ground
| (earth).

Other way (been too long) Brown is 'Hot', Blue is 'Cool' (neutral)

kevin andrews

thanks for the replys

What i was wanting the pump for was, to water the plants, the water was
comming from a cheap blow up swimming pool. Well that is the short story.

Is that a silly idea or what???

thanks for any replys

NSM

"kevin andrews" wrote in message
thanks for the replys

What i was wanting the pump for was, to water the plants, the water was
comming from a cheap blow up swimming pool. Well that is the short story.

Is that a silly idea or what???

Pretty much. There are so many other ways to get a pump - from a dishwasher
seems difficult.