Bob911

Default Philips CCA092AT01 TV/VCR combo won't eject tape

I have a 9' Philips TV/VCR combo unit CCA092AT01 that will not eject tapes. The unit will power on for about 3-4 seconds and then powers off.
I was able to back the stuck tape out manually. I cleaned the mode switch. I also noticed that the clear piece of plastic that goes through near the center of the tape had broken off at the base. (I am not sure what the function of this is.) I super glued this back.
The unit will play tapes just fine, and the TV works, but when I try to eject the tape, it gets stuck again and the process starts over. During the 3-4 seconds that I have power, I try to eject the tape, and the unit flashes that there is no tape. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ike

doug

The post that broke off is probably a "light pipe" which directs light
from an infrared LED on the circuit board. IR phototransistors at the
sides of the chassis detect this light and sense when a tape is loaded.
If your glue interrupted the transmission of light, sensing will be
disabled. It may have broken during the proccess of removing the tape,
and may not actually be the cause of the power problem. Good Luck!