Jerry G.

Default 9" RCA tv/vcr combo model:T09085,chassis:M5B09

Your description does not show any information about the actual performance
of the set. It would be difficult to have an accurate answer over an email.

The procedure I would follow is to get the service manual for the set,
verify the power supply performance, and then verify the supply to the tuner
and IF sections. If this all conforms properly, I would put in a TV RF test
signal in to the tuner and scope the signal through to see if it meets
proper specs. It is possible that there is a fault in the tuner, or IF
sections, just to begin with.

Concerning your question, I would suggest you give the set out to a service
centre to have a proper estimate done, so you can make an intelligent
decision about repairing the set or not.

--

Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG
==========================

"Sidney" wrote in message
om...
9" RCA tv/vcr combo model:T09085,chassis:M5B09,year:Oct 2002,UL
listed:289X (Orion,Emerson).No video from tuner or tape playback,tv
has raster but a dark snowy (barely visible) picture is present during
tuner or tape playback.
When using the rear RCA output jacks during a tape playback the
picture is snowy but the picture is perfect when using the tuner and
the rear RCA output jacks.
This tv uses the following parts:

Flyback # FQI10B001
Flyback # 3210013
Flyback # Samsung T20921
Yoke # MDC-1090M0
Q406=2SD2627
IC302=KIA78R05API (4 pin)
Orion crt

I check the IC 302=5 volt reg and it was fine,anyone have any common
repair tips before I spend hours troubleshooting.Thanks in advance.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

mark

The way you describe it the tuner looks ok and the snowy picture during
tape playback can be a dirty head or something wrong with the head, you
might want to check main power supply sources and or if or video circuits.