Bob Kos

Default Sharp Twincam Camcorder Problem

Hi All:

I have a Sharp Twincam Camcorder model VL-M6U-GY. It belongs to a friend,
so I don't know the full history of it. It is a consumer grade camcorder
with a unique feature - it has two lenses. one is a 12 X zoom lense, the
other is a fixed wide angle lense. The problem with this camera has to do
with the 12X lense. If the camera is pointer anywhere near any type of
light source (lamp, bright wall, etc ) a 'shutter' in the lense will start
to cycle. The brighter the light, the faster it cycles. This cycling
effectively interrupts the recording process. Apparently it never used to
do this. As such, I presume it is a failure and the cycling is not 'normal'

Any ideas on the purpose of this shutter and why it is misbehaving?

Jerry G.

Some types of lamps, especially compact fluorescents, and alike, can cause
some oscillations in the picture. Changing the shutter speed, or simply
turning the shutter feature off, if possible, should correct the problem.

To prove that it is an oscillation problem from heterodyning with the light
source you are looking at, try using the camera outdoors during the day. If
the picture is solid, then what I am explaining is correct for your
situation.

--

Jerry G.
======