davexnet02

Default Help with unsoldering board

Hello,
I'm trying to remove the E1 board (y/c jungle)
from the main chassis of Sony kv-27xbr35.
It's a vertical board, soldered to connector,
and the connector soldered to the main A board.

Looking at the underside of the A board, I can see the
50 small pins of the connector.
What is the proper technique for unsoldering and removing
the connnector/board?

TIA
Dave
Jerry G.

I use a Weller soldering and desoldering station with a solder sucker
type of iron that heats and sucks the solder from the pins.

Another way is to use a fine soldering iron, and use a manual solder
sucker to suck off the molten solder as you heat it up with the iron at
the same time.

Jerry G.
========

davexnet02 wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to remove the E1 board (y/c jungle)
from the main chassis of Sony kv-27xbr35.
It's a vertical board, soldered to connector,
and the connector soldered to the main A board.

Looking at the underside of the A board, I can see the
50 small pins of the connector.
What is the proper technique for unsoldering and removing
the connnector/board?

TIA
Dave

davexnet02

davexnet02 wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to remove the E1 board (y/c jungle)
from the main chassis of Sony kv-27xbr35.
It's a vertical board, soldered to connector,
and the connector soldered to the main A board.

Looking at the underside of the A board, I can see the
50 small pins of the connector.
What is the proper technique for unsoldering and removing
the connnector/board?

TIA
Dave

Thanks Jerry - I'll check out my local Radio Shack.

Dave

davexnet02

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:12:22 -0800, davexnet02
wrote:
Thanks Jerry - I'll check out my local Radio Shack.

Dave

Radio shack came through.
Got the board and shield out, resoldered the
50 pin connector at the bottom; inserted back
into the A board and resoldered those 50 connectons;
soldered the shield back into position

Problem persists - I'm stumped.

The Tv may/may not have a good picture when
the set is turned on. If it's not good,
it's bright blue with reterace lines.
(That can't be good for the tube)

I used a chopstick and placed very
light pressure on the vertical board as
mentioned above and the good picture returns.

I just push it to the side *ever* so slghtly,
and picture is restored. Suggests to me,
something about where the board connects to the A board,
but I've already soldered those connections.

This board is right next to another vertical board,
which is joined to this one at the top by 2 short connections.
Perhaps that one is loose. I'll try that one tomorrow.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Dave