Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
ChrisCoaster

Default How To . . . . ?

.. . . do Yoga

pull up a toilet

drop in a new one

play guitar

vote!

I've seen how-to DVDs in video and electronic stores for almost any
human activity and hobby. In fact, the only activity I haven't seen a
how-to DVD for, IN THE STORE - as in WALK IN, PICK IT UP, BRING IT TO
THE REGISTER AND PAY FOR IT - is for the single largest growing
economic boost to the economy so far:

Home theater..

It turns out that home theater systems are being installed in
everything from cars to trailer homes to colonials to castles. Rich or
poor, we ALL want our HOME THE-AH-TUHH!

Yet virtually 90% of consumers don't know squat about how to get the
best sound and picture out of whatever their budget affords them,
because discs such as "Digital Video Essentials" and "AVIA Hometheater
Companion" cannot be found in stores. DUHHH!!

I have complained to the management at Best Buy, Walmart, Circuit City
and other stores, and all I've gotten is a shrug and "I'm sorry, but we
don't control the purchasing." And the best thing that stores such as
Tower or Borders can do is special order the things.

Well - I want my calibration video, and I want it now! As in: Walk in
a live store, pick it off the shelf next to Spiderman, Star Trek, and
Mystic River(or whatever movies people are nuts about), bring it to the
cashier and pay for it and take it home - all in the same day.
Remember that experience folks? Just like dropping in to the grocery
for that extra gallon of milk. Imagine only being able to purchase MILK
on line?? Disturbing, isn't it....

Buying a calibration video should be just as simple, and the impact of
putting one in every home theater customer's player would be a positive
in every respect: broadcast and DVD pictures as the engineers intended,
less eyestrain from too hot settings, energy saved, and longer lasting
displays be it an old Tube TV or an LCD or plasma wall mount.

Get with the "picture" retailers!

Just had to rant here, does anyone else feel the same frustration?
-CC