BigTom

Default Repost, of a problem!!

is this any help?

Toshiba TV Various Models
Service mode procedure for most Toshiba TVs
Press sound mute (on remote)- Tv displays sound mute OSD, Then hold down
sound mute and press the menu button on the control panel
This should display the service mode data with an 'S' in the corner of
the screen. Gives basic geometry and display data.

Press the -- button on the remote - enters frame collapse mode - to set
screen voltage

When in service mode:-
Hold down CALL (on the remote) and press the menu button, Set then
enters design mode
All sub data can then be adjusted.

Projection models
From service mode - pressing the yellow button on the remote gives the
convergence adjustment mode
Up/2 Down/8 Left/4 Right/6
Press 5 to toggle adjustment / move - on / off
Press 3 to change colour to be adjusted
It is recommended that the green convergence grid should not be adjusted
Pressing the red green or blue buttons will toggle the corresponding
convergence grid

From service mode - hold down the F on the remote and press 7 - enters
convergence menu - auto convergence setup for different aspect ratios

Rono wrote:
Some of you guys misunderstand what I want!

How do I get into the EEPROM, & Micro, in
order to change the parameters! Example: The
vertical height is too high!

Got a Toshiba M # 24AF43, Chassis # M3M627.
Plug it in, barely visible out of horizontal sync video,
(basically, no video), no sound, change channels, &
you can see that the channel has changed! Looks like
a "Prima" T.V. problem, almost exactly the same! All
measures good on the board...looks like EEPROM/
Micro problem! Called Toshiba, & they were just
closing for the year!!

How do I get into, & change
the EEPROM, & micro values! Thanks, Rono

Martin Whybrow

"BigTom" wrote in message ...
is this any help?

Toshiba TV Various Models
Service mode procedure for most Toshiba TVs
Press sound mute (on remote)- Tv displays sound mute OSD, Then hold down
sound mute and press the menu button on the control panel
This should display the service mode data with an 'S' in the corner of
the screen. Gives basic geometry and display data.

Press the -- button on the remote - enters frame collapse mode - to set
screen voltage

When in service mode:-
Hold down CALL (on the remote) and press the menu button, Set then
enters design mode
All sub data can then be adjusted.

Projection models
From service mode - pressing the yellow button on the remote gives the
convergence adjustment mode
Up/2 Down/8 Left/4 Right/6
Press 5 to toggle adjustment / move - on / off
Press 3 to change colour to be adjusted
It is recommended that the green convergence grid should not be adjusted
Pressing the red green or blue buttons will toggle the corresponding
convergence grid

From service mode - hold down the F on the remote and press 7 - enters

Rono wrote:
Some of you guys misunderstand what I want!

How do I get into the EEPROM, & Micro, in
order to change the parameters! Example: The
vertical height is too high!

Got a Toshiba M # 24AF43, Chassis # M3M627.
Plug it in, barely visible out of horizontal sync video,
(basically, no video), no sound, change channels, &
you can see that the channel has changed! Looks like
a "Prima" T.V. problem, almost exactly the same! All
measures good on the board...looks like EEPROM/
Micro problem! Called Toshiba, & they were just
closing for the year!!

How do I get into, & change
the EEPROM, & micro values! Thanks, Rono

I have a Toshiba 2577DB with a geometry problem; I can enter service mode as
'Big Tom' described, but I don't know what the OSD abbreviations mean. I
tried downloading a manual but I cannot open the 'rar' archive that it's
stored in. Can anyone tell me what the OSD messages in service mode mean?
Martin
--
martindot herewhybrowat herentlworlddot herecom