Default washer overfills the tub

My washer is leaking from the tub, i think its overfilling, from a
prior repair i lost the schematic. So what controlls the amount of
water that fills up the tub? I know some switch must control the
inlet selinoid?

James Sweet

wrote in message
ups.com...
My washer is leaking from the tub, i think its overfilling, from a
prior repair i lost the schematic. So what controlls the amount of
water that fills up the tub? I know some switch must control the
inlet selinoid?

What washer is this, and where is it leaking from? If it's overfilling,
check the pressure switch, it's usually a round thing mounted behind the
control panel. It should have a plastic hose that runs to the bottom of the
basket, as the water level increases, pressure in this tube does as well and
it triggers the switch. It's usually adjustable but you may have an air leak
causing pressure to not build up.

Colin McCormick

Indeed. And blowing gently on the connector for that
tube will cause the switch to actuate, which can easily
then be checked with a continuity meter.

Colin (www.colin99.co.uk)

James Sweet wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...

My washer is leaking from the tub, i think its overfilling, from a
prior repair i lost the schematic. So what controlls the amount of
water that fills up the tub? I know some switch must control the
inlet selinoid?

What washer is this, and where is it leaking from? If it's overfilling,
check the pressure switch, it's usually a round thing mounted behind the
control panel. It should have a plastic hose that runs to the bottom of the
basket, as the water level increases, pressure in this tube does as well and
it triggers the switch. It's usually adjustable but you may have an air leak
causing pressure to not build up.

Graham

Your washer overfills the tub?
Divorce her.