Default Pioneer SD-P5191-K Power Problem

Figured I'd cross-post this one over to sci.electronics.repair to see
if you guys have some advice on it.

wrote:
I found this post with a Google search.

I've had the same thing occur out of the blue with my SD-P5191 as

well.
The problem description is the exact same as Ray's.

Any advice you can give would be great. I suspect power supply

assembly
may need replaced, but would like some expert advice prior to

ordering
the assembly, since it's $250.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy

Ray Barker wrote:
Hi!

I hope I have the right audience here, I did notice Ryan's problem

was fixed. I hope you can save me a service call too.

I just moved the above beast into a new apartment. Worked fine for

few days and then the power wouldn't stay on. The relays clicked

on
then off after a few second. The standby power becomes inoperative
until main power is cycled or the plug is pulled and replaced.

Thinking it might just need a good clean, I popped the front off

and
vacuumed inside. After cleaning, I thought I'd try it with the

front
still off. Same thing happened but I notice a red LED on one of

the
circuit boards light up solid after the failure. After cycling

main
power, it would remain off until using the standby power again.

I've yet to test the quality of the power so that might be a

culprit.
Any other suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Cheers!

--
Ray Barker
Voice: (416)947-1910

Leonard Caillouet

Could be anything from a bad solder connection to a bad cap to a shorted
CRT.

Make sure that you get it to someone who services Pioneer at the component
level rather than just board swapping, and has the service manual, if
possible.

Leonard

oups.com...