Sam Pzapht

Default RCA CTC169 B+ Problem?

I have got a 46" RPTV RCA CTC169 chassis that has the proper B+ voltage in
Stand-By: 143.5V. However, when I turn the TV on the B+ drops to 114V. The
audio is fine and I have OSD but the convergence is not right and I do not
have full vertical or horizontal deflection. Has anyone seen this before
with this chassis? Thank You!

Sam

Sam Pzapht

I do not have a schematic on this particular chassis, can anyone tell me
which transisitors and/or resistors I need to look at? Will they be on the
primary side of the chopper transformer or the secondary side? Thanks!
"Art" wrote in message
There are at least two, maybe more caps in the regulator circuit that will
affect the B+ level because they affect the operating parameters of the
regulator ic.
"Jason D." wrote in message

Subject: RCA CTC169 B+ Problem?
From: "Sam Pzapht"

Date: 12/27/04 1:37 PM Eastern Standard Time
I have got a 46" RPTV RCA CTC169 chassis that has the proper B+ voltage
in
Stand-By: 143.5V. However, when I turn the TV on the B+ drops to 114V.
The
audio is fine and I have OSD but the convergence is not right and I do
not
have full vertical or horizontal deflection.

You can unload the sweep section and use a 100 watt light bulb as a load
on the
140 volt line. If the voltage is normal, you have a load on the supply.
If
the voltage stays low, the power supply is the problem.

Monitor the raw B+ during run; I've run into bad solder on the bridge

rect
that
will cause a severe sag under load.
John Del
Wolcott, CT

CTC169 has two regulator feedback circuits. One for standby mode via
this IC (burst mode) and cold side feedback in run mode. You have
problem with run mode feedback circuits, it is made up of few
transistors and few resistors, some has precision resistors, sealed
pot (do not adjust this!) this run feedback monitors the B+ output.

Cheers,

Wizard