Default Sharp Aquos LCD 32" TV (LC-32G4U) Problem...

I just purchased this tv and have the following problems (I'm also
thinking about taking this scumbag on-line retailer to court for
selling me this defected product):

1. When the tv is first turned on, no picture or sound for 3-5 minutes
2. Then, sound comes on and picture starts to flash (on and off) on the
screen
3. Picture finally stable a little after another 3 minutes but still
goes black randomly for a very brief moment

What could be the problem? I'd appreciate it if anyone here could help.
Thanks.

Jerry G.

If this is a new set, you should have a warranty. If not, it would have to
be properly serviced. The fault can be in the power supply, because of the
fact that both the picture and sound are effected. Also, if the display is
flickering, the backplane lamp, and or the power supply for the lamp may
also be defective.

These units are serviced at the modular level by the manufacture. If you can
determine the exact modules to replace, you may get it running if no factory
level adjustments are needed. It is best to have the proper facilities to
service these sets, so that there is no guess work, and it can be properly
adjusted if necessary.

I always advise my friends to not buy any of these sets used. From my
experience and from what I have seen, most of this level of electronic
equipment is sold as used, because someone had a problem with it, or for
some reason they were not happy with it. These sets are very expensive to
service. They are also not as reliable as the older CRT type sets, therefore
a service contract is a wise decision.

The above is my personal view, from my own experience from working in the
service business.

--

Jerry G.
======

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchased this tv and have the following problems (I'm also
thinking about taking this scumbag on-line retailer to court for
selling me this defected product):

1. When the tv is first turned on, no picture or sound for 3-5 minutes
2. Then, sound comes on and picture starts to flash (on and off) on the
screen
3. Picture finally stable a little after another 3 minutes but still
goes black randomly for a very brief moment

What could be the problem? I'd appreciate it if anyone here could help.
Thanks.

Jerry,

Thanks for your accessment. One thing I didn't really make it
clear was that when the picture flickers (goes completely black)
randomly, the power seems to be OK (the green light at the bottom is
always on). Could it be possible that the AVC unit is at fault but not
the tv?

Anyways, to whoever is reading this post and thinking about buying
an LCD tv online, remember, DO NOT buy from DigitalGear!