News

Default Panasonic DVD Recorder - Replace DVDr drive?

Hello,
I have a Panasonic DVD recorder the refuses to eject a DVD. Can someone
suggest a replacement repair part for the DVD itself or a repair procedure?
The model is DMR-E100H.
Thanks.

t.hoehler

"News" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a Panasonic DVD recorder the refuses to eject a DVD. Can

someone
suggest a replacement repair part for the DVD itself or a repair

procedure?
The model is DMR-E100H.
Thanks.

Whoa! Could this be the first DVD recorder service question? Already?

Guess I'm going to wait before buying one of these puppies. Anyone know of a
good brand of dvd burner? Or is it too soon to tell? I don't mind spending
the money, I don't want some Funai = SH** mechanism inside a pretty name
brand case.
Tom

Jerry G.

It could be the belt, the motor, or a gear that is damaged. You will have to
open it up, and take a look at it. You may need the service manual to have
the parts listing, so you can order parts.

These machines are usually very reliable. But, if you do a lot of DVD
burning, the laser will have limited life, as like any DVD or CD burner. If
your machine is in to the 3rd year, and it has had a lot of use, I would be
thinking of replacing it.

--

Jerry G.
======

"News" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a Panasonic DVD recorder the refuses to eject a DVD. Can someone
suggest a replacement repair part for the DVD itself or a repair procedure?
The model is DMR-E100H.
Thanks.

NSM

"t.hoehler" wrote in message

| "News" wrote in message
| Hello,
| I have a Panasonic DVD recorder the refuses to eject a DVD. Can
| someone
| suggest a replacement repair part for the DVD itself or a repair
| procedure?
| The model is DMR-E100H.
| Thanks.
|
| Whoa! Could this be the first DVD recorder service question? Already?
| Guess I'm going to wait before buying one of these puppies. Anyone know of
| good brand of dvd burner? Or is it too soon to tell? I don't mind spending
| the money, I don't want some Funai = SH** mechanism inside a pretty name
| brand case.
| Tom

ComputerGeeks is offering a recorder (Artec DR-RE12A DVD+RW Recorder & DVD
Player) for $145 already. How soon will these be not worth repair I wonder?

William R. Walsh

Hi!

Guess I'm going to wait before buying one of these puppies. Anyone know of

good brand of dvd burner?

For "burners" that go inside a computer...

I've had good luck with both Hitachi/LG DVD+R (DL) drives and NEC ones as
well. They seem to be excellent DVD as well as CD burners. The only thing I
don't like is the seeming poor error correction. When using the drives to
rip CDs even the slightest mark on the disc may upset the drive and produce
a very audible error.

William

News

Thanks for the thought.
I am hoping that someone can suggest a drive that will fit into the DVD
recorder. I would expect that they are similar but different. This one
will (did) record DVD-R and DVD-Ram.
Thanks.