BillG.

Default Repair on the Net

Harry,

Don't know if you've tracked any net information re Electronic repair
or tried to find schematics, etc. but I ran into the following website
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/tshoot.htm#tshgit
that you may find of interest/fun.

I ran into the newsgroup sci.electronics.repair while looking for info
about replacing a glow plug surface igniter in our range. On the Web I
was able to identify the problem, a probable solution and the
replacement part, but was also looking for words saying this is a simple
task or not. (I still suspect it is simple, but physically challenging).

I'm also proposing that I make a presentation to the CSCCCC on use of
Google as the currently much preferred tool for finding almost anything
on the web. This would not just be a session pointing out which buttons
to push, but would include a brief tutorial on How it Works. A suggested
title is

"Google, The Parse That Researches" (Pun Intended)

for Parsing Text as an outgrowth of Searching has been an important
computer technique for 50+ years. The Internet Library is perhaps the
first major database to be so tackled, and in a quite spectacular fashion.

Since Google is a Web-Site and not a resident application program,
there is no standard Windows HELP file. Instead Google must describe
itself using other web pages. Proposed presentation will use
Google to point to much more about Google, which cannot be done in a
written piece. Sorry, Jack and Bill

snipped:
BillG. wrote:
Harry,

I'm also proposing that I make a presentation to the CSCCCC on use

of
Google as the currently much preferred tool for finding almost

anything

Google to point to much more about Google, which cannot be done in a
written piece. Sorry, Jack and Bill

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Bill G:
I am glad that you, like so many other do-it-yourselfers, found google
and the sci.electronics.repair newsgroup helpful in the successful
repair of your stove igniter.
Some burning questions I have a
Who is Harry ?
Who or what is CSCCCC ?
Who are Jack and Bill ? (the ones you said "sorry" to)
electricitym
..
..
..