Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jeff

Default Circuit City ESA Brandname a problem if repair ever needed?

The TV I'm interested in buying (as a 2nd TV...not the main one) is an
inexpensive Sylvania 20" flat screen CRT TV. I happened to notice that what
appears to be the exact same TV is available at Circuit City under their ESA
brand name for $20 less (due to rebate). It likely is the same exact TV as
the Sylvania, but is labeled differently for Circuit City.

I'm just wondering if I ever needed to get this repaired after the warranty
expired, would the ESA brand name be a problem in terms of finding someone
willing to fix it?

On the other hand, the TV only costs $120 to $140, so maybe it's not even
worth worrying about whether or not it could be repaired, but I believe at
least one place in my area offers free estimates on repairs.

Is the ESA brandname a problem if it should ever need repair?

Thanks,

J.