30W

Default Help identify part..

I am working ona toshiba tp4871b with no schematic. Im trying to
rebuild the vertical circuit changing caps and IC"s. I tried to get a
schematic from samswebite.com and they called me and told me they dont
have it. So now im just looking parts up to see what they are to try
to find the vertical circuitry.

The part in question is labeled like this:

STR
S6421
SK2312A

Its mounted vertically and has 8 legs and a massive heat sink.

Searches on google have turned up nothing in data sheets or the part
description. Any help is appreciated.

TIA!!
Murbolt

Just a guess, maybe you could use a STR6421 instead? Probably easier to
get....

"Ol' Duffer" skrev i melding
In article ,
says...
STR
S6421
SK2312A

STRS6421 is a voltage regulator.
Unless they are doing something extremely strange,
it's not the vertical IC.

30W

Thanks alot thats help me cross that off my list. Which means my VOT
has to be on the last PCB inside the TV. Now I just have to figure out
how to discharge this projection tv. They have the anode wire running
to a weird position. It looks like the wire can be pulled off of the
FBT is this possible? If not i guees i will have to take this TV
apart even more.

Thanks again

On 9 Dec 2004 23:34:26 GMT, Ol' Duffer wrote:

STRS6421 is a voltage regulator.
Unless they are doing something extremely strange,
it's not the vertical IC.

30W

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:07:19 GMT, Bill wrote:

On most sets, the focus/screen divider also serves as a
bleeder resistor, so it will discharge itself when off
for a little while. And yes, there will be someplace
where you can disconnect the anode lead, either at the
flyback or the distributor.

thanks I will try that since the wire looks like it can be pulled off
just like a spark plug wire.

DVI input specification of Pioneer PDP504PE (The screen part of the Pioneer PDP504HDE) Art Electronics Repair 0 July 18th 04 03:48 AM
How do I figure out the diameters so I will have a nice screw fit? LPEL98 Metalworking 5 April 21st 04 04:55 PM
Old Delta drill press part?? gattman Metalworking 4 March 28th 04 09:41 PM
Part of home electrical system shuts down Andre Courchesne - Consultant Home Repair 11 August 6th 03 03:51 PM