System Alchemist

Default Tek TDS544: 7seg shows .P

Well, it's my own fault for feeling pleased with myself...
I repaired the PSU but the scope wouldn't come up.

Disconnected the acquisition board and it came up, diagnostics
complained about not having an acquisition board (surprise!).

Reconnected acq board and the 7 seg display stops at ".P",
disconnected acq board again and still get ".P"

Any ideas what .P means?

---Paul

System Alchemist

Well, it's my own fault for feeling pleased with myself...
I repaired the PSU but the scope wouldn't come up.

Disconnected the acquisition board and it came up, diagnostics
complained about not having an acquisition board (surprise!).

Reconnected acq board and the 7 seg display stops at ".P",
disconnected acq board again and still get ".P"

Any ideas what .P means?

Hmm, I think I know now... it means you haven't connected the
analogue power up properly - duh.

Still no joy with the acq board - in the error log it
complains about failed communication with the analogue processor.

Anyone any idea if the HC705 is the analogue processor?

A set of schematics would be really useful about now...

---Paul

Jim Yanik

System Alchemist wrote in
:

A set of schematics would be really useful about now...

---Paul

No such things available outside of TEK.
They want to force you to buy NEW Tek scopes,not keep your old ones running
for 25 years or more,like the old 400 series scopes.

It's NOT the Tektronix it used to be.
They could make schematics available if they wanted to.But there's no money
in it for them,and that's all that matters these days at TEK.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
mike

System Alchemist wrote:
Well, it's my own fault for feeling pleased with myself...
I repaired the PSU but the scope wouldn't come up.

Disconnected the acquisition board and it came up, diagnostics
complained about not having an acquisition board (surprise!).

Reconnected acq board and the 7 seg display stops at ".P",
disconnected acq board again and still get ".P"

Any ideas what .P means?

---Paul

If it were a TDS540, .P would be a non-maskable interrupt.
What that means is anybody's guess.

I once made the mistake of swapping acquisition boards between
a TDS520 and TDS540. Each unit developed an acute identity crisis.
I guess when you don't know what you are, you blow away all your
configuration and calibration information. Took months to get it
back together.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 $2200

Chaos Master

mike lies inside himself for hours:

If it were a TDS540, .P would be a non-maskable interrupt.
What that means is anybody's guess.

AIUI, a "non-maskable interrupt" is a hardwired interrupt into the
processor, which can be raised to crash (?) the CPU.

[Side note: I remember seeing some Silicon Graphics machines that had a
NMI button to force a crash. Used for servicing purposes or to make a
system log when something went wrong]

So, something here is making the CPU "crash" because of NMI.

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from somewhere near Porto Alegre, Brazil.
"... one either has a ****, or not. Do you have yours?"

To reply remove "DEADTOTHESPAMMER" from address.