458

Default 35"mitsubishi still have color problem

have 35"mitsubishi with no color when cold. if you heat up around the ic
201 0r caps along side of it color comes on froze cap c-216 color came on.
changed cap and does same thing with new as old.esr all caps and they pin
the needle. changed ic201, 358 crystal. even had another complete pip cir
board. and its the same with both. it seems no matter what you freeze in
that area color goes out. heat it up and color comes back. could we be
just changing the freq. of something just enough to start color osc. any
ideas? thanks jack@ allen park tv allen park mi.

Jerry G.

Obviously there is some component that is just off value enough to cause
this fault. This can be very tough to find. Did you check that the
free-running frequency of the 3.58 mHz reference is close enough? Especially
that you changed the crystal, it may be too far out, since these do have
some tolerance in their specs. There should be an adjustment that is done by
either a trimmer cap on the circuit board, or a software set-up of some type
through a service menu, or a PC interface.

--

Jerry G.
======

"458" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
have 35"mitsubishi with no color when cold. if you heat up around the ic
201 0r caps along side of it color comes on froze cap c-216 color came on.
changed cap and does same thing with new as old.esr all caps and they pin
the needle. changed ic201, 358 crystal. even had another complete pip cir
board. and its the same with both. it seems no matter what you freeze in
that area color goes out. heat it up and color comes back. could we be
just changing the freq. of something just enough to start color osc. any
ideas? thanks jack@ allen park tv allen park mi.

Jeff Rigby

"458" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment
..com...
have 35"mitsubishi with no color when cold. if you heat up around the ic
201 0r caps along side of it color comes on froze cap c-216 color came on.
changed cap and does same thing with new as old.esr all caps and they pin
the needle. changed ic201, 358 crystal. even had another complete pip cir
board. and its the same with both. it seems no matter what you freeze in
that area color goes out. heat it up and color comes back. could we be
just changing the freq. of something just enough to start color osc. any
ideas? thanks jack@ allen park tv allen park mi.

What model, How old?

Check for leaking caps, they might check good. Also if they have leaked
onto the board the electrolite may cause problems when it's wet (gets
moisture from air). Drying it with a hari dryer and the set works.

Asimov

"Jerry G." bravely wrote to "All" (23 Nov 04 07:31:14)
--- on the heady topic of " 35"mitsubishi still have color problem"

How about the colour killer reference threshold?

JG From: "Jerry G."

JG Obviously there is some component that is just off value enough to
JG cause this fault. This can be very tough to find. Did you check that
JG the free-running frequency of the 3.58 mHz reference is close enough?
JG Especially that you changed the crystal, it may be too far out, since
JG these do have some tolerance in their specs. There should be an
JG adjustment that is done by either a trimmer cap on the circuit board,
JG or a software set-up of some type through a service menu, or a PC
JG interface.
JG --

JG Jerry G.
JG =3d=3d=3d=3d=3d=3d

JG "458" wrote in message
JG lkaboutelectronicequi
JG pment.com... have 35"mitsubishi with no color when cold. if you heat
JG up around the ic 201 0r caps along side of it color comes on froze
JG cap c-216 color came on. changed cap and does same thing with new as
JG old.esr all caps and they pin the needle. changed ic201, 358 crystal.
JG even had another complete pip cir board. and its the same with both.
JG it seems no matter what you freeze in that area color goes out. heat
JG it up and color comes back. could we be just changing the freq. of
JG something just enough to start color osc. any ideas? thanks jack@
JG allen park tv allen park mi.

.... Well I defragged my TV and went all the way back to basic cable!

ezwizzard

"458" wrote in message alkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
have 35"mitsubishi with no color when cold. if you heat up around the ic
201 0r caps along side of it color comes on froze cap c-216 color came on.
changed cap and does same thing with new as old.esr all caps and they pin
the needle. changed ic201, 358 crystal. even had another complete pip cir
board. and its the same with both. it seems no matter what you freeze in
that area color goes out. heat it up and color comes back. could we be
just changing the freq. of something just enough to start color osc. any
ideas? thanks jack@ allen park tv allen park mi.

hi, I need the model number in order to help???

458

ck 3514-r

ezwizzard

"458" wrote in message alkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
have 35"mitsubishi with no color when cold. if you heat up around the ic
201 0r caps along side of it color comes on froze cap c-216 color came on.
changed cap and does same thing with new as old.esr all caps and they pin
the needle. changed ic201, 358 crystal. even had another complete pip cir
board. and its the same with both. it seems no matter what you freeze in
that area color goes out. heat it up and color comes back. could we be
just changing the freq. of something just enough to start color osc. any
ideas? thanks jack@ allen park tv allen park mi.

Check c627 and Q2D1 for open...