J.B.

Default HELP: winding a very small coil

ello

I have a small coil whose wire is cut somewhere in the interior. I
believe that to fix it I should unwind the copper wire and wind again
the coil with new wire.

I have measured the wire diameter, and it seems to be about 0.07 mm. I
have purchased enough 0.071 mm wire (45 SWG) and am ready for
everything.

And here is where I would specially acknowledge any assistance: Do you
have any hints on how to wind so small a coil, with so thin a wire? Any
recommendation will be highly appreciated).

Thanks and best regards.

Jesus, in Spain
jbenajesATmotDOTupvDOTes

NSM

"J.B." wrote in message
| ello
|
| I have a small coil whose wire is cut somewhere in the interior. I
| believe that to fix it I should unwind the copper wire and wind again
| the coil with new wire.
|
| I have measured the wire diameter, and it seems to be about 0.07 mm. I
| have purchased enough 0.071 mm wire (45 SWG) and am ready for
| everything.

Are you sure it isn't Litz wire? Is it wave wound?

http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/coil/index.html

NM

mike

J.B. wrote:
ello

I have a small coil whose wire is cut somewhere in the interior. I
believe that to fix it I should unwind the copper wire and wind again
the coil with new wire.

I have measured the wire diameter, and it seems to be about 0.07 mm. I
have purchased enough 0.071 mm wire (45 SWG) and am ready for
everything.

And here is where I would specially acknowledge any assistance: Do you
have any hints on how to wind so small a coil, with so thin a wire? Any
recommendation will be highly appreciated).

Thanks and best regards.

Jesus, in Spain
jbenajesATmotDOTupvDOTes

Since you disclose nothing about the configuration, how can we help?
How small is very small? Solenoid, torroid, litz, don't know what it's
called, but the winding is done at a large angle to minimize
capacitance... ???
There are many winding configurations depending on the particular
characteristics required. Depending on the application, you may need
a specific winding pattern.

If it's a solenoid, glue a cardboard washer on each end and chuck it in
a variable speed drill.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.