Lance Dyer

Default Panasonic CT-27G10CT Horizontal Output Failure

SYMPTOM: Set is dead, line fuse is open. Further inspection reveals Q551 is
shorted.

CAUSE: Horizontal Output Transistor Q551 has failed due to excessive reverse
bias across the

collector-emitter electrodes. This may have resulted from turn-on and
turn-off transients, hydro

line transients or the like.

REMEDY: Replace Q551 with the improved type (available in kit form). With
most models, it will be

necessary to change resistors R510 and R511 as well, to reset the H drive
T501 primary

saturation current. Please refer to the following listing for kit
application and ordering details.

NOTE: The new type transistor is larger. Use caution when forming the leads
to fit the PC board and

the heat sink. Apply silicon compound to the transistor surface prior to
securing it to the heat

sink.

Service Kit Contents:

Part No. Q551 Qty. 2SD2499LBMA2 2SD2539LBMA1

"Lubbie" wrote in message

Does anyone have a manual for this?? I'm looking for the original
Output Transistor # if anybody has it.

This TV has blown the output every year for the past 5 years( 5
differant shops).. Now I've ended up with it for repair.. Any help
would be great..

Thanks in advance.

Lubbie wrote:
Well called the suppliers and they have no idea of any kit available..
Do you happen to have the Part #'s as it was missing from the original
posting...
Some really nice person dropped a CT-29G5XB in my lap and ran like
hell before I had a chance to ask him about it... Image what I found
when i checked it out.. Same Stinkin Problem..

I am having the exact same problem with a TX-28DK1F (EURO-4 chassis).
Q551 was 2SC5517. I replaced it with a BU2520DX, it ran cool, but it
failed again. The kit, which is apparently discontinued (after only 3
years!) is numbered TZS9EK001. It would be great to find out what is in
this kit.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.
Lance Dyer

Part No. Q551 Qty. R510 R511* Qty.

TXANV0198SER 2SD2499LBMA2 1 5.6KW 2W 2

TXANV0298SER 2SD2499LBMA2 1 1.5KW 2W 2

TXANV0398SER 2SD2539LBMA1 1 3.9KW 2W 2

TXANV0498SER 2SD2539LBMA1 1 3.6KW 3W 2

TXANV0598SER 2SD2539LBMA1 1 3.9KW 3W 2

TXANV0698SER 2SD2539LBMA1 1 3.3KW 3W

2.7KW 3W

1

1

"Lubbie" wrote in message
Well called the suppliers and they have no idea of any kit available..
Do you happen to have the Part #'s as it was missing from the original
posting...

Some really nice person dropped a CT-29G5XB in my lap and ran like
hell before I had a chance to ask him about it... Image what I found
when i checked it out.. Same Stinkin Problem..

Thanks in Advance..

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 07:48:32 GMT, Lubbie wrote:

Thank you very much.. Let me know if you need anything..

Lubbie..