Kirk S.

Default Sony KV32S22 led flashing

Hi all,

Found this by the side of the road and decided to give it a try.

Ordered a couple Sony TV p/s repair kits and after installing the first one,
I got a big fat spark from the flyback and dead components.

Replaced the flyback and p/s components again and now I can hear the set
power up however the led flashes constantly.

One other note, the set was dropped at one point and the main pcb cracked
near the AV input/output jacks. Someone attempted to repair them once and
from looking at the schematics, the inputs that were repaired were unused.

What does the constant flashing indicate and where do I start looking? I'm
tempted to remove everything associated with the external jacks. Will the
set do this if there is no input signal?

Thanks!

Kirk S.

Art

A specific sequence to the flashes would indicate a specific error code (4
flashes, 4 flashes, etc). Constant flashing indicates probable power supply
or controller failure.
"Kirk S." wrote in message
[...]

Kirk S.

Art,

I have power to the heater elements in the crt and the set responds to the
remote for power on/off. I can hear the HV crackle when it fires up.

I'll look for actitivy on the controller IC lines to see if something could
be getting pulled to ground and check outputs of the power supply to be sure
they are within specs.

Thanks!

Kirk S.

"Kirk S." wrote in message
[...]

Kirk S.

Seems the replacement flyback was bad. No focus voltage from it. I
replaced the flyback with another and now it comes on. I used my scope to
check for activity on the horizontal and vertical circuits. They were there
so I have to believe the set wasn't coming up because of incorrect voltages.

Now, the led flashes several times and the set comes up.

Need better eyes to fix the traces where the board is cracked. Input/Output
jacks don't work.

Kirk S.

"Kirk S." wrote in message
[...]

Kirk S.

Art,

Nah, I just follow directions really well... Hunt and peck, search the
internet, make a bunch of mistakes, learn a little bit each time, come back
here and plead for help, try not to get electrocuted, etc.

I'll probably just fix the input jacks since I don't really care about
variable output sound jacks. Maybe if I get bored...

Kirk S.

P.S. This thing is HEAVY...

"Kirk S." wrote in message
[...]

Kirk S.

Well, I patted myself on the back too soon. When I started to adjust the
focus and screen controls, the picture blanks out. I'm looking for the HV
adjustment so I can set it with a HV probe and cannot seem to find it on the
board or the schematic.

I had a good picture for about 10 minutes and then it blanks out. If I turn
the screen down all the way, I can turn it slowly and have the picture come
on for a little while until it shuts off. I figure I'm over specs on HV.

Thanks!

Kirk S.

"Kirk S." wrote in message
[...]

Kirk S.

"Tom MacIntyre" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:06:23 -0600, "Kirk S."
wrote:

Well, I patted myself on the back too soon. When I started to adjust the
focus and screen controls, the picture blanks out. I'm looking for the

HV
adjustment so I can set it with a HV probe and cannot seem to find it on

the
board or the schematic.

I had a good picture for about 10 minutes and then it blanks out. If I

turn
the screen down all the way, I can turn it slowly and have the picture

come
on for a little while until it shuts off. I figure I'm over specs on HV.

Thanks!

Kirk S.

Failing CRT, usually the green cathode. The IK circuit is blanking the
picture due to the cathode imbalance. Turn the screen up until you get
a steady and usable picture. If that doesn't work, the CRT needs to be
buzzed a bit, and that'll get maybe another 6 months out of it before
it needs to be done again, this based on my experience.

Tom

Thanks! If I hook up a signal source, it blanks out. Otherwise, the
picture will stay stable snow. The manual states something about checking
the hold down voltages and adjusting a couple resistors if the flyback is
changed. Is there a way to adjust the HV on this set? What exactly is the
IK circuit? If I adjust a couple resistors, aren't I defeating the purpose
of the comparator circuit?

Kirk S.

"Kirk S." wrote in message
[...]

Kirk S.

Oh, That IK circuit... I see it on the schematic. Can I try to run it with
the neck board disconnected? The picture color is pretty balanced however
the picture control is set all the way up and my universal remote doesn't
work. Is there a way to adjust the set from the front panel?

Thanks!

Kirk S.
news