Art

A specific sequence to the flashes would indicate a specific error code (4
flashes, 4 flashes, etc). Constant flashing indicates probable power supply
or controller failure.
"Kirk S." wrote in message
Hi all,

Found this by the side of the road and decided to give it a try.

Ordered a couple Sony TV p/s repair kits and after installing the first
one,
I got a big fat spark from the flyback and dead components.

Replaced the flyback and p/s components again and now I can hear the set
power up however the led flashes constantly.

One other note, the set was dropped at one point and the main pcb cracked
near the AV input/output jacks. Someone attempted to repair them once and
from looking at the schematics, the inputs that were repaired were unused.

What does the constant flashing indicate and where do I start looking?
I'm
tempted to remove everything associated with the external jacks. Will the
set do this if there is no input signal?

Thanks!

Kirk S.