Kirk S.

Seems the replacement flyback was bad. No focus voltage from it. I
replaced the flyback with another and now it comes on. I used my scope to
check for activity on the horizontal and vertical circuits. They were there
so I have to believe the set wasn't coming up because of incorrect voltages.

Now, the led flashes several times and the set comes up.

Need better eyes to fix the traces where the board is cracked. Input/Output
jacks don't work.

Kirk S.
"Kirk S." wrote in message
Art,

I have power to the heater elements in the crt and the set responds to the
remote for power on/off. I can hear the HV crackle when it fires up.

I'll look for actitivy on the controller IC lines to see if something

could
be getting pulled to ground and check outputs of the power supply to be

sure
they are within specs.

Thanks!

Kirk S.
"Art" wrote in message
A specific sequence to the flashes would indicate a specific error code

(4
flashes, 4 flashes, etc). Constant flashing indicates probable power

supply
or controller failure.
"Kirk S." wrote in message
Hi all,

Found this by the side of the road and decided to give it a try.

Ordered a couple Sony TV p/s repair kits and after installing the

first
one,
I got a big fat spark from the flyback and dead components.

Replaced the flyback and p/s components again and now I can hear the

set
power up however the led flashes constantly.

One other note, the set was dropped at one point and the main pcb

cracked
near the AV input/output jacks. Someone attempted to repair them once

and
from looking at the schematics, the inputs that were repaired were

unused.

What does the constant flashing indicate and where do I start looking?
I'm
tempted to remove everything associated with the external jacks. Will

the
set do this if there is no input signal?

Thanks!

Kirk S.