Jean-Pierre Dube

Default 60" CRT projection T.V. requires repairs

I have a 60" Sony CRT projection T.V. a really nice unit with DTS surrond
sound built in.

The bottom 6 inches flooded and it needs to be repaired.

Structurally everything is fine it may only require some fuses.

I'd like to trade it for hardware to build/repair speakers. Crossover
networks digital crossovers, amplifiers, drivers, etc.

I have a pair of 4 way (3 way plus sub) that I'd like to rebuild/repair.

JP

Art

Be advised, if the circuit boards were flooded with any kind of liquid and
not professionally cleansed afterward then the set may be not worth the salt
to pitch it. The corrosion and debris left during the drying process
probably will preclude any type of servicing to make it again a viable
television.
"Jean-Pierre Dube" wrote in message
I have a 60" Sony CRT projection T.V. a really nice unit with DTS surrond
sound built in.

The bottom 6 inches flooded and it needs to be repaired.

Structurally everything is fine it may only require some fuses.

I'd like to trade it for hardware to build/repair speakers. Crossover
networks digital crossovers, amplifiers, drivers, etc.

I have a pair of 4 way (3 way plus sub) that I'd like to rebuild/repair.

JP

Tom MacIntyre

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:00:41 -0400, "Art"
wrote:

Be advised, if the circuit boards were flooded with any kind of liquid and
not professionally cleansed afterward then the set may be not worth the salt
to pitch it. The corrosion and debris left during the drying process
probably will preclude any type of servicing to make it again a viable
television.

Yes. We don't know how long it was flooded, what it was flooded with,
what was done after the fact. Most of the major circuitry would be
suspect.

Tom