Richard Gleitz

Default Sony KV-13FS100 question

Do these flat screen tube sets have a problem with objects in motion or
camera zooms? I really like the picture on my recently purchased set
except for the fact that it has that problem. All sorts of wierd
artifacts occur particularly on horizontal or nearly horizontal lines or
text. Do I have a defective set? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Richard

Art

Are you watching the set via a digital cable box or satellite system?? Have
you seen the same distortion via a Video Tape or DVD? Have you connected
the set to an outside antenna and viewed local stations to see if the
artifacts are still there?? Seen many symptoms of pixilation or digitizing
while using either satellite or digital cable.
"Richard Gleitz" wrote in message
Do these flat screen tube sets have a problem with objects in motion or
camera zooms? I really like the picture on my recently purchased set
except for the fact that it has that problem. All sorts of wierd
artifacts occur particularly on horizontal or nearly horizontal lines or
text. Do I have a defective set? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Richard

Jerry G.

This set is a low end set, with no digital processing. It is uPC
controlled, but there are no A/D conversions for any of the video you
are watching on the screen. It is your source that has to be the
problem. Check the set using a simple antenna for local stations, and
you should see a good picture, if you have good reception this way.

Many of the cable and satellite services with digital boxes, use high
compression rates, and the TV set will show some delays in rapid
movements. This is more apparent with lower cost decoder boxes, and high
compression distribution networks.

You can also try to play an analog source in to it, such as a VHS tape
machine. The set should be okay.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Richard Gleitz" wrote in message
Do these flat screen tube sets have a problem with objects in motion or
camera zooms? I really like the picture on my recently purchased set
except for the fact that it has that problem. All sorts of wierd
artifacts occur particularly on horizontal or nearly horizontal lines or
text. Do I have a defective set? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Richard

Richard Gleitz

Hi Art,
I just replied (via e-mail) to the other poster (Jerry G) that I will
try a VHS tape and see if that solves the problem. I am not using a
digital set top box or satellite, just a standard cable connection.
Regards,
Richard