David Farber

Default JVC XL-M509TL cd player part id?

This combination 6 disk magazine player plus single tray unit had a bad loading
gear. After replacing the gear, it was still not working. When I disassembled
the mechanism again, a part fell out as shown below:

One side: http://www.pbase.com/image/34794824/medium

Other side: http://www.pbase.com/image/34794837/medium

I'm not even sure this part belongs to this set as everything works ok now that
it's not sitting loose inside the mechanism. Does this part look familiar?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

NSM

"David Farber" wrote in message
| This combination 6 disk magazine player plus single tray unit had a bad
| gear. After replacing the gear, it was still not working. When I
disassembled
| the mechanism again, a part fell out as shown below:
|
| One side: http://www.pbase.com/image/34794824/medium
|
| Other side: http://www.pbase.com/image/34794837/medium
|
| I'm not even sure this part belongs to this set as everything works ok now
that
| it's not sitting loose inside the mechanism. Does this part look familiar?

Perhaps a child "mailed it to daddy" via the CD changer? It's better than
scraping a cheese sandwich out of something!

Mark D. Zacharias

I think it goes on the left side as the stepper moves back and forth, it
acts as a spacer, and sort of hooks onto the metal chassis. A bit hard to
explain, and it's been a few years since I've seen one, but anyway...

Mark Z.

"David Farber" wrote in message
This combination 6 disk magazine player plus single tray unit had a bad
gear. After replacing the gear, it was still not working. When I
disassembled
the mechanism again, a part fell out as shown below:

One side: http://www.pbase.com/image/34794824/medium

Other side: http://www.pbase.com/image/34794837/medium

I'm not even sure this part belongs to this set as everything works ok now
that
it's not sitting loose inside the mechanism. Does this part look familiar?

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA

David Farber

Hi Mark,

You were right on with your advice.

I disassembled the side stepper plate and found that the missing piece fit in
the plastic track. I reassembled everything and it still worked. (-;

Regards,
David Farber

Subject: JVC XL-M509TL cd player part id?

Mark D. Zacharias

That's so great!!! I wasn't too hopeful my advice would help, but waht you
said rang a bell - I had one fall out on me and really beat my head into it
finding where it went.

Mark Z.