MarkC

Default Are Sony '91 & '99 CRTs Interchangeable?

I've got a good '91 CRT that I want to put in a '99 TV with a shifted
shadow mask. They are both curved CRTs. I see that I'd have to rewire
the CRT PCB because of different pin positions but other than that are
there any other differences?
Thanks for any advice.
Mark

James Sweet

"MarkC" wrote in message
I've got a good '91 CRT that I want to put in a '99 TV with a shifted
shadow mask. They are both curved CRTs. I see that I'd have to rewire
the CRT PCB because of different pin positions but other than that are
there any other differences?
Thanks for any advice.
Mark

The year is irrelevant, what's the number on the tubes? If the pinouts are
different they're probably not compatible but you may be able to make it
work, CRT's are surprisingly forgiving to substitution, though convergence
and purity can be a sticky point.

Jerry G.

You can try it, but I have a feeling that they are not compatible for
the HV, focus supply, and G2 supply. Some of these tubes are cathode
driven, while others are control grid driven. This makes a difference of
the necessity of a matched video feed polarization, biasing, and source
impedance.

--

Jerry G.
======