Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default cells in Parallel and series

Please I have nine cells which are 2 volts, 2amp each. I need to combine them to get 6 volts, 6amp, which connection is better - connecting 3 cell in parallel (to obtain 2 volts 6amp) then i connect the 3 groups in series or connecting 3 cells in series first to obtain 6 volts, 2amp per set and connecting the set in parallel?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 25/04/2021 11:54 am, Daniel Fynn wrote:
Please I have nine cells which are 2 volts, 2amp each. I need to combine them to get 6 volts, 6amp, which connection is better - connecting 3 cell in parallel (to obtain 2 volts 6amp) then i connect the 3 groups in series or connecting 3 cells in series first to obtain 6 volts, 2amp per set and connecting the set in parallel?

If charging is not required use either.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 25/4/21 1:54 pm, Daniel Fynn wrote:
Please I have nine cells which are 2 volts, 2amp each. I need to combine them to get 6 volts, 6amp, which connection is better - connecting 3 cell in parallel (to obtain 2 volts 6amp) then i connect the 3 groups in series or connecting 3 cells in series first to obtain 6 volts, 2amp per set and connecting the set in parallel?

If they're lithium rechargable cells and all the same kind and condition
then the sets of parallel three will keep each other in balance better
than if you have three isolated series strings.

CH
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Daniel Fynn wrote:
================

Please I have nine cells which are 2 volts, 2amp each.
I need to combine them to get 6 volts, 6amp, which connection is better
- connecting 3 cell in parallel (to obtain 2 volts 6amp) then i connect the
3 groups in series or connecting 3 cells in series first to obtain 6 volts,
2amp per set and connecting the set in parallel?

** FFS - buy a damn 2V, 6AH battery !!!

Your whole idea is stupid.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Daniel Fynn wrote:
Please I have nine cells which are 2 volts, 2amp each. I need to
combine them to get 6 volts, 6amp, which connection is better -
connecting 3 cell in parallel (to obtain 2 volts 6amp) then i connect
the 3 groups in series or connecting 3 cells in series first to
obtain 6 volts, 2amp per set and connecting the set in parallel?

This question sounds suspiciously like a homework problem.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 8:14:26 AM UTC-4, Edward H. wrote:

This question sounds suspiciously like a homework problem.

It has that feel. But what kind of class has a homework problem with a practical application? Can't be an EE.