Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default cells in Parallel and series

On 25/4/21 1:54 pm, Daniel Fynn wrote:
Please I have nine cells which are 2 volts, 2amp each. I need to combine them to get 6 volts, 6amp, which connection is better - connecting 3 cell in parallel (to obtain 2 volts 6amp) then i connect the 3 groups in series or connecting 3 cells in series first to obtain 6 volts, 2amp per set and connecting the set in parallel?

If they're lithium rechargable cells and all the same kind and condition
then the sets of parallel three will keep each other in balance better
than if you have three isolated series strings.

CH