nospam

Default Sony Digital Reality Creation feature

Noticed this feature on Sony TV's, I take it it's some kind of line
doubler ?

Anyone know if it works, or is it just another bit of fluff ?

nospam

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:34:12 -0700, nospam wrote:

Noticed this feature on Sony TV's, I take it it's some kind of line
doubler ?

Anyone know if it works, or is it just another bit of fluff ?

Hmmm.. sounds like it could be very good or very bad depending on the
signal.

DRC ® (Digital Reality Creation) Multifunction: Unlike
conventional line doublers, the DRC Multifunction feature
replaces the signal’s NTSC waveform with the HD equivalent,
while doubling the number of vertical and horizontal lines. This
results in four times the density for quality sources, such as DVD,
satellite, and digital camcorders. The Video Menu allows you to
select interlaced, progressive, or CineMotion ™ output.

Bruce Esquibel

nospam wrote:

: Noticed this feature on Sony TV's, I take it it's some kind of line
: doubler ?

: Anyone know if it works, or is it just another bit of fluff ?

"if it works" is a loaded question.

It does something but after a total lack of what exactly in the owners
manual and online sources, I tinkered with mine for an afternoon and decided
just to leave it in the default 1.0 setting.

Running it up to the extreme (3.0 on both reality/clarity) seemed to make
edges, especially on titles bleed.

Keep in mind it only it works on standard signals, using a device that
outputs 1080 (satellite receiver, cable box) the feature is disabled and
off.

Overall it seems to change the algorithm in the line-doubler, but only seems
to make the picture worse in my opinion.

-bruce

Leonard G. Caillouet

nospam wrote in message ...
Hmmm.. sounds like it could be very good or very bad depending on the
signal.

That would pretty much sum it up...

Leonard