Mike Kennedy

Default Sony FD-92 Digital Camera Problems...

Hi,
I have a sony FD-92 digital camera that won't power up. The green light
comes on but the backlight does not and the camera doesn't beep or anything
like it is supposed to when you hit buttons.. If you mess around with it
enough, you can get it to power up and Work Perfectly Fine. But when you
power it down it won't come back up again...

Any thoughts anyone? I wasa thinking it might be something to do with the
power supply board or something like that...

Thanks in advance

- Mike Kennedy
Sorrento, FL

exray

Mike Kennedy wrote:
Hi,
I have a sony FD-92 digital camera that won't power up. The green light
comes on but the backlight does not and the camera doesn't beep or anything
like it is supposed to when you hit buttons.. If you mess around with it
enough, you can get it to power up and Work Perfectly Fine. But when you
power it down it won't come back up again...

Does that model use a little coin cell watch battery under a cover on
the back side like some of the other Mavicas? If so, make sure its good
and clean and not corroding. This is common in some of the other
Mavicas and often accounts for Weird Operation.

HTH,
Bill

sphipps

The folks at the following website can help you with just about anything
Mavica.

http://www.mavican.nu/

"Mike Kennedy" wrote in message
link.net...

Hi,
I have a sony FD-92 digital camera that won't power up.

Mike Kennedy

I think it has one inside... but no access from outside, I took it apart a
few months ago, chcecked all of little plasitc ribbon cables and put it back
togeather.. I dont remember for sure if it has one or not... I'll check..

Thanks
- Mike
"exray" wrote in message
Mike Kennedy wrote:
Hi,
I have a sony FD-92 digital camera that won't power up. The green light
comes on but the backlight does not and the camera doesn't beep or

anything
like it is supposed to when you hit buttons.. If you mess around with it
enough, you can get it to power up and Work Perfectly Fine. But when you
power it down it won't come back up again...

Does that model use a little coin cell watch battery under a cover on
the back side like some of the other Mavicas? If so, make sure its good
and clean and not corroding. This is common in some of the other
Mavicas and often accounts for Weird Operation.

HTH,
Bill

Mike Kennedy

yeah except diy reparis...

"sphipps" wrote in message
The folks at the following website can help you with just about anything
Mavica.

http://www.mavican.nu/

"Mike Kennedy" wrote in message
link.net...

Hi,
I have a sony FD-92 digital camera that won't power up.

Why I don't have a plasma or LCD TV either Jeff Strieble Electronics Repair 46 February 7th 04 06:43 AM
Sony TV problems Iain Gordon UK diy 22 November 2nd 03 06:04 PM
Sony KV-2782R and 2785R, power supply problems. Michael Parker Electronics Repair 1 October 23rd 03 08:56 AM
Problems with digital input on DAT recorder Michael Electronics Repair 2 October 2nd 03 09:42 AM
Sony TV stereo / mono fluctuation problems Simon Electronics Repair 4 August 26th 03 05:08 PM