Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dave Dixson

Default strange degauss behaviour

6 years back I started to have green patches appear on my TV, I think
around the time I moved into a new house. A year ago, I bought a new
32 inch wide screen tv and noticed that, with high contrast images, I
also got degauss problems. I read reports that this is common in
large widescreens so decided to turn down the contrast and live with
it.

Now here is the wierd bit - following a recent move to a new house the
degauss problem on my new tv seems to have fixed itself - even set to
high contrast, large areas of white shoe very little sign of colour
patches.

Is there any way that some sort of local variation in magnetic fields
in the ground beneath my old property could have caused the problem,
or is it just a coincidence. Should I expect the problem to come
back?

Cheers,

Dave.