Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LED slow off

Thanks. I though it was wierd. New bulb. It has like a circle of little
dots of light which take a bit to shut down. In my mind LEDs should be the
fastest to shut down. I am deathly afraid of halogen because of fires and I
keep wondering if I got halogen instead.

- = -
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, 24 October 2019 23:54:17 UTC+1, wrote:
Thanks. I though it was wierd. New bulb. It has like a circle of little
dots of light which take a bit to shut down. In my mind LEDs should be the
fastest to shut down. I am deathly afraid of halogen because of fires and I
keep wondering if I got halogen instead.

LED & hlogen look very different, there's no mistaking them.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I am deathly afraid of halogen because of fires and I
keep wondering if I got halogen instead.

** Well, that is a new phobia to me.

Wot is the fire issue with halogen light bulbs?

None the industry knows of.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 10/25/2019 4:53 AM, Phil Allison wrote:

I am deathly afraid of halogen because of fires and I
keep wondering if I got halogen instead.

** Well, that is a new phobia to me.

Wot is the fire issue with halogen light bulbs?

None the industry knows of.

..... Phil

It's the "ceiling heater" lamps that have/had the issue. The floor
lamps with 200 or 300w bulbs in upward-facing dish reflectors. The fire
hazard was from curtains getting blown on top of the lamps & catching fire.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, 26 October 2019 15:10:33 UTC+1, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
On 10/25/2019 4:53 AM, Phil Allison wrote:

I am deathly afraid of halogen because of fires and I
keep wondering if I got halogen instead.

** Well, that is a new phobia to me.

Wot is the fire issue with halogen light bulbs?

None the industry knows of.

..... Phil

It's the "ceiling heater" lamps that have/had the issue. The floor
lamps with 200 or 300w bulbs in upward-facing dish reflectors. The fire
hazard was from curtains getting blown on top of the lamps & catching fire.

I thought this was fairly well known.

NT
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 7:48:45 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:

What gets me is the LED tubes that I have. Some come on as soon as the
switch is turned on and some take about 2 seconds to come on.

Mine do that too. The delay is perceptible and different from the tube fluorescent in the same room.

What mostly makes a small engine "wheeze" fast & slow, fast & slow, fast & slow? ultred ragnusen Home Repair 32 February 26th 18 07:29 PM
Slow, slow, slow charlieb Woodturning 5 October 14th 09 04:43 PM
selling led lighting such as led christmas light,led decorative light,led house lamp led lighting UK diy 0 February 6th 07 06:45 AM
Toilet slow, very slow to refill JoeThomas Home Repair 10 November 28th 06 09:14 PM
LED,LED Lamp,LED Lights,LED Display,Automotive Lamp,LED Chip,LED Module [email protected] Electronics 0 December 4th 05 11:08 AM